Dura-Pine - window scantlings
Native timber processed with the proper know-how – as durable as tropical timber and sib. larch.
With the special DURA-pine® grading it is possible to create a
highly resistant and durable material without using any
The pine heartwood in the outer layer absorbs less water than a not
graded pine with a lot of sap. Modern technical industrial facilities and a high level of know how
guarantee a constant product quality.
Holz Schiller advantages:
- due to outer pine heartwood (minimum 80%) highly weatherproof and durable
- available also heat insulated
- also available in
- also available in packaging suitable for machines
General knowledge about pine:
Our native pine with the botanical name Pinus sylvestris belongs to the group of “moderate light” coniferous wood in the weight
range of 450 to 550kg/m3.
Colour and structure of the timber
- Sap: white and yellowing when lightened, in case of fungal decay also with blue- grey staining, sap width according to
the growing respectively tree age 3 – 6 cm.
- Heartwood: yellowish white to reddish brown, darkening when lightened. The appearance of resin pockets is
variable similar to the larch.
The wet sapwood is vulnerable to blue-stain fungus and is classified in resistance class 5. The pine heartwood without any living
cells convinces with its natural durability, especially against fungal – and insect attacks and is classified in resistance class 3 – 4,
if it is used free of sap in the outskirt area. Due to special grading methods of the single lamellae according to heart- and sapwood
together with the lamination of the single lamellae it is possible to create a pine heartwood scantling in an industrial way.